Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dimdim enters Webmeeting Software Space with Free Offering

There is a new entrant into the Webmeeting Software space, Dimdim. Well, it is entering into the market which already has names like Cisco and Microsoft. Cisco owned WebEx is the market leader in this space. Microsoft’s LiveMeeting and GoToMeeting are the other Webmeeting softwares. So what is different in Dimdim. To start with it is free. Secondly, participants’ do not need to download any software, unlike other products in the market which is a big irritant. I have to still check how does this work, but it is cool.

The webmeeting software allows you to host meetings on the Internet using your office presentations. You can share your desktop and also allow participants to access applications running on your desktop. Webcam will enable you to even have video chat using these softwares. I have been using WebEx for the past three years and it has served me well except on couple of occasions where I found the performance wanting.

Dimdim has started a new model and we will have to wait and watch how this strategy unfolds.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abhishek,

I use to go through your blogs. This time I had thought to let you know I am one of the reader. I hope you remember me, yes worked with two projects (CbOnline and ADCB).

I am now much more interested in reading article on Startup Business. Found these two links from which I grabbed a lot, so had nice thought to share with you.

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/business2_archive/2006/05/01/8375910/index.htm

http://www.paulgraham.com/start.html

If you are aware of this please ignore it.
Once again thanks for posting useful info in your blogs. Keep posting.

With regards,
Rakesh Ranjan
rakranjan@gmail.com

Prashant Sakare said...

I am very happy to see your blog. Young Indian businessman/woman should visit your blog.